Saturday, February 21, 2015

Photo thief

Hey everyfur,
I have recently been told about a photo thief.
They have been stealing people's photo's, including my own. Click here to have access to their website. Try searching your blog's name and see if they are there.
As most blogs, ours is copyright protected and they had no right to steal our photo's, and you shouldn't let them get away with stealing yours.



Umm...they may have messed up the order for a detective photo Mikko...heh...
Anyways, Detective "Sparkles" was immediately on the hunt for the "Contact us" button on the thief's website. When he found it in a matter of a second, I sent them a message. Success! Our photo's were removed! But there are still blogs with stolen pictures. Take action ASAP!

Remember to watermark photo's! We haven't been the best at that, and that is why our photo's were stolen. But from now on, watermarks are on every photo, if they belong to us, of course!

Safe Siamese Kisses from Mikko!

15 comments:

  1. OMC.

    We were there, too...how do you add a watermark? We have not evfur done that and don't know how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You write your blog name somewhere so they can't crop it out and put a copyright symbol by it.

      Delete
  2. frankie was on there and as well as some of my other postings I told them they were in violation of copyright thank you for posting can you do a tutorial on watermarking never done that will need to from now on

    ReplyDelete
  3. double check and make sure it stays off they removed it and put it back on later I'm so mad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they took a photo from our book review............they highlighted our blog name and NEVER LINKED TO OUR BLOG.............I just wrote to them and told them if they are going to list our name then they damned well better link to our blog. Also, just an FYI. Using watermarks doesn't necessarily guarantee a thing. Depending on where the watermarks are, they can be removed. www.catchatwithcarenandcody.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is why I am now putting them in the middle so they can not be removed, or will look funny if they managed to do so.

      Delete
  5. Photo thieves?! NOT COOL!!! Thanks for the heads up, furiends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That is why we posted about this. Your furry welcome!

      Delete
  6. Well, that's just not right! And it doesn't matter if your pics are watermarked or not...if they use them without your permission, it's still stealing. We checked and they don't have any of our photos, thank cod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but at least there is proof that they are yours.
      Oh good! I am glad your photo's are not there.

      Delete
  7. christie how did you get them stop using your photos I told them to remove and their still there and they even stole the new before I started marking them

    ReplyDelete
  8. They stole mine too, luckily after I messaged them, they took it off. It took two emails though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the second time I have heard it took more than one email, and even still not off!

      Delete
  9. They stole A LOT of my photos (of my children!!!), from my blog, too. I asked them to remove them and they did! My photos are all watermarked and they STILL just took them :( This shouldn't be allowed!

    ReplyDelete

*paw waves* Hi! What did you think about our purr-post?
Leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!